Payroll Associate (New Albany)
As a Payroll Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing payroll, compiling payroll statistics, recording hours of work, and calculating payroll taxes.
- Setting up new hire information for employees including personal information and all applicable federal, state and local taxes as well as completing all new hire reporting.
- Communicating with clients on a daily basis relaying payroll information as well as answering any payroll related questions they may have.
- Filing all required applications for new clients for federal, state and local account numbers.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all client matters.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Education, experience, and skills we are looking for:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- 3-5 years clerical accounting and payroll experience, preferred.
DMLO CPAs is one of the top CPA firms in the Metro Louisville area – by size and by reputation – with 150 employees and offices in East Louisville, New Albany, and Corydon. We are a member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting, and service firms. For almost five decades, we have been helping clients achieve top performance in business and in wealth retention.
DMLO CPAs is known as a firm of choice for accounting professionals who want to balance career commitment with real life demands. DMLO is a pioneer in flexible work schedules, recognized in the top 20% of employers nationwide with the When Work Works award. A flexible workplace relies on a strong set of values, and trust. Our values are lived out in an exceptional staff who build strong interpersonal relationships and understand the importance of effective work/life integration.
MORE THAN THE NUMBERS is not just our tag line, but a set of values that we live out every day. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference on our team, AND will have fun and grow while doing it!