As a third generation, locally owned service business, we have a unique and in-depth understanding of the industry and what it takes to be successful. As a focused industry niche group, we spend each and every day researching and expanding our knowledge of the issues and challenges you face, spotting trends, listening to the visions and dreams of your peers, and advising people like you on the best moves to make to achieve growth and profitability, minimize risk and tax liability, engage the right people on your team, and position your business for long-term progress. We offer guidance through the complex web of tax, accounting, and financial data, so that you can focus your energy and passion on what you do best – driving your business forward.
Members of our niche team specialize in:
- Physician practices
- Dental practices
- Law firms
- Marketing, public relations and advertising agencies
- Technology companies
- Engineering and architectural firms
- Business advisors and consultants
- Wealth management and investment advisors
- Startups and early stage entrepreneurs
Services we offer include:
- Strategic planning (business plan development, benchmarking, compensation and benefits planning, budgeting and projections)
- Business cycle consulting (planning for growth and expansion, obtaining financing, structuring real estate and other transactions, mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, business valuation, buy-sell agreements)
- Business improvement (internal controls review, systems evaluation and implementation, liquidity and cash flow analysis, cost reduction and monitoring)
- Tax planning and compliance (tax minimization strategies, return preparation, IRS representation, estate and gift tax)
- Assurance services (audit, review, compilation, agreed upon procedures, employee benefit plan compliance, forensic accounting)
- Outsourced accounting services (monthly financial statement and/or payroll assistance)
- General business advice (entity review and selection, accounting methods, depreciation methods, inventory planning, cost segregation studies, corporate investments, owner disputes)
- Board of Advisors
Service Businesses Chair: Jeff Calderon
Mark Steele, MD – Pediatric Ophthalmic Consultants, New York, NY
What matters most to you when choosing a business advisor?
Ability, availability and affability.
Are we one of the first people you call when considering a key business decision? Why or why not?
Yes. My CPA at DMLO is intimately familiar with my business and personal finances. I trust his objective opinion about anything financial.
What signifies to you that we have a good understanding of your business and/or personal needs and goals?
It is like a good marriage. One just “knows” when the fit is right. My DMLO professional and his support team have consistently demonstrated important insights into my financial life that is always accurate.
How do you feel about our accessibility and the timeliness of our responses to you?
Perfect! On the few times my CPA is not available (he routinely will respond to me after hours and weekends when I email him a question even though I suggested that the response can wait until business hours), there is always another team member familiar with my account who has been able to assist me.
Do we reach out to you (and your staff) as often as you wish?
What do you find most valuable about our relationship?
There is great value about establishing a long-term relationship based upon mutual respect and trust.
Are there any specific challenges that we have helped you resolve or overcome?
As an owner of multiple businesses, my financial life can be very complex at times. When any important issues arise, it is very comforting and essential to have immediate professional guidance at my disposal.
What , if anything, would you would like to see us do differently or better?