Based on what we know, our salaries are pretty darn good. But you can be the judge of that.
Our financial package includes a great deal more than your salary. Below are highlights of some of our benefits for full-time staff:
- Generous group healthcare package options
- Long term disability, 100% paid
- 401(k), with annual % of salary contributed by firm
- Employee life insurance, 100% paid (3x annual salary)
- Cafeteria plan
- Generous paid time off, including ten observed firm holidays, two weeks paid vacation after a full year of employment (3 weeks after 3 full years, and 4 weeks after 8 full years)
- CPA exam pass bonus and additional paid day off
- Staff bonus plan (discretionary pool based on productivity)
- New client incentive bonus of 20% of fees collected during first 24 months
- Employee referral incentive awards.
Of course this is merely a summary, and all of these benefits are covered in more detail in our employee manual.
Many of the benefits you will find here are hard to assign a monetary value to, yet are more prized than money by our staff.
For example, our culture of flexibility. We’ve been recognized several years in a row for it with the When Work Works Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility. We embrace flexibility in when you work, where you work and how you work. A significant number of our staff have formalized work-flex schedules, but even those who don’t still benefit on a regular basis from the firm-wide culture. Simply put, we TRUST you to do what you need to do to balance the needs of the firm, its clients, your co-workers, and your family and personal commitments.
Other non-financial rewards:
- Diversity in work experience – you won’t be forced to choose between audit, tax, etc.
- Year round ‘dress for your day’ policy which includes jeans
- Office closes at noon on Fridays during the summer
- Optional Saturdays during busy season
- Carry forward unused PTO; can donate to others
- Minimal travel
This whole blog series is really about all the benefits of being part of DMLO. Read on!