Based on what we know, our salaries are pretty darn good. But you can be the judge of that.
Our financial package includes a great deal more than your salary. Below are highlights of some of our benefits for full-time staff:
- Generous healthcare package with two options, dependent coverage partially paid
- Long term disability, 100% paid
- 401(k), with annual % of salary contributed by firm
- Employee life insurance, 100% paid (3x annual salary)
- Cafeteria plan
- Generous paid time off, including ten observed firm holidays, up to six paid sick days, and two weeks paid vacation after a full year of employment (3 weeks after 3 full years, and 4 weeks after 8 full years)
- CPA exam bonus of $2,000 and additional paid day off
- Staff bonus plan (discretionary pool based on productivity)
- New client incentive bonus of 20% of fees collected for service performed during first 12 months
- Employee referral incentive awards of $1,000 for hired CPA and $500 for hired exam-eligible college graduate.
Of course this is merely a summary, and all of these benefits are covered in more detail in our employee manual.
Many of the benefits you will find here are hard to assign a monetary value to, yet are more prized than money by our staff.
For example, our culture of flexibility. We’ve been recognized several years in a row for it with the When Work Works Award (formerly Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility). We embrace flexibility in when you work, where you work and how you work. A significant number of our staff have formalized work-flex schedules, but even those who don’t still benefit on a regular basis from the firm-wide culture. Simply put, we TRUST you to do what you need to do to balance the needs of the firm, its clients, your co-workers, and your family and personal commitments. Priceless!
Other non-financial rewards:
- Diversity in work experience – you won’t be forced to choose between audit, tax, etc.
- Denim Fridays and year round business casual
- Office closes at noon on Fridays during the summer
- Optional Saturdays during busy season
- Carry forward unused sick time; can donate to others
- Minimal travel
This whole blog series is really about all the benefits of being part of DMLO. Read on!