Tax Supervisor (Louisville)
DMLO CPAs is seeking a Tax Supervisor to join our Louisville, KY office.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated an ability to oversee and perform a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments. Supervisors are responsible for ensuring work is completed timely and often lead one or more staff, instruct them in work to be performed, review work completed, and direct necessary revisions.
As a Tax Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of complex tax returns.
- Conducting detailed reviews on a variety of tax returns and raising potential tax issues.
- Completing tax planning for clients.
- Performing research on technical accounting and tax issues.
- Mentoring staff, offering guidance and direction.
- Exhibiting a level of technical competence to ensure that most routine issues will be recognized and respective solutions provided and supported.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all client matters.
- Participating in external networking events and cultivating client relationships.
- Performing other accounting and tax duties as needed.
Education, experience, and skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a public accounting firm (within the last 7 years) including preparation and/or review of individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns.
- CPA license preferred, but not required.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and tax.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
DMLO CPAs is one of the top CPA firms in the Metro Louisville area – by size and by reputation – with 150 employees and offices in East Louisville, New Albany, and Corydon. We are a member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting, and service firms. For almost five decades, we have been helping clients achieve top performance in business and in wealth retention.
DMLO CPAs is known as a firm of choice for accounting professionals who want to balance career commitment with real life demands. DMLO is a pioneer in flexible work schedules, recognized in the top 20% of employers nationwide with the When Work Works award. Our values are lived out in an exceptional staff who build strong interpersonal relationships and understand the importance of effective work/life integration.
MORE THAN THE NUMBERS is not just our tag line, but a set of values that we live out every day. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference on our team, AND will have fun and grow while doing it!