Delene E. Taylor, CPA, CGMA
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.“ – MARK TWAIN
Delene joined DMLO CPAs in 2013. She finds meaning and purpose in connecting people who are doing good things, facilitating important conversations / sharing resources, promoting the social enterprise movement in Kentucky, and working with early stage entrepreneurs, particularly in providing affordable solutions bundling the benefits of cloud-based accounting applications with the trusted services of a CPA-level business advisor.
Delene began her career in public accounting in Dallas, TX, then spent 7 years as a Controller/CFO for an Inc. 500 company. Upon her return to the Louisville area, she joined a local CPA firm, serving clients initially, and then the firm in the roles of Firm Administrator, HR Director and Marketing/Business Development Director, for over 15 years. When that firm was merged into an aspiring national firm, she chose to pursue her passion with DMLO CPAs, where she relishes the opportunity to be hopelessly devoted to promoting CPAs and connecting amazing people!
Education and Certifications
Delene earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin and is licensed to practice as a CPA. She is also a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Delene is a graduate of Leadership Southern Indiana (2000) and Focus Louisville (2013).
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Kentucky Society of Public Accountants (KyCPA)
- Member, Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
- Founding Board Member & Secretary, Canopy, an organization with a vision of Making Kentucky First in Good Business.
- Board Member, Network of Entrepreneurial Women (NEW)
- Board Member, First Hour Grief Response
- Chair, Rotary Club of Louisville Speakers Committee
- Member, Louisville Independent Business Alliance
- Member & Brand Ambassador, Leadership Louisville Center
- Member, Leadership Southern Indiana
- Member, NAWBO Kentucky
- Member, Venture Connectors
- Member, 2019 TechStars StartupWeek Louisville Planning Committee
- Member, 2020 LHCC Aging Innovation Global Healthcare Summit Impact Committee
- Co-facilitator, Breakfast of Champions
- Former Chair, BKR International Marketing & Business Development Practice Group
Awards and Recognition
Delene was recognized by Leadership Louisville Center as the 2019 LLC Brand Ambassador of the Year.
Delene received the Kentucky PTA Honorary Life Recognition Award for her 4 years of service on the Executive Board of the duPont Manual High School PTSA.
Delene is/was engaged to speak at:
- 2021 LIBA Member Summit
- 2020 U of L CardStart Challenge
- 2020 LSHRM Diversity Equity & Inclusion Conference
- 2020 Interfaith Paths to Peace Boardroom Buddhas
- 2020 Canopy Cafe
- 2020 BizWomen Mentoring Monday
- 2020 Master Builders Academy Forum
- 2020 Bunker Labs Access Resources that Support YOU: Veteranpreneurs
- 2019 AWARE:ACCESS (Accelerating Women and Underrepresented Entrepreneurs: Accelerate Entrepreneurial Success) Commercialization & Entrepreneurship Summit
- 2019 Story Louisville Learning Lab
- 2019 KDE Accounting Educators Workshop at the Kentucky Society of CPAs
- 2018 BKR International Americas Region Annual Meeting (Dominican Republic)
- 2017 AICPA Engage national conference (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2017 BKR International Americas Region Annual Meeting (Louisville, KY)
- 2016 Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) national conference (New Orleans, LA)
- Thomson Reuters/Checkpoint Marketing for Firms: Conquering CPA Firm Marketing Challenges: Three Marketers Divulge Their Secrets to Success
Delene also speaks to high school and college students about careers in business.
- NerdBrand podcast
- What’s Your And? with John Garrett, therecoveringcpa.com
- Where Accountants Go with Mark Goldman
Published in Business First:
- Cultivating Social Enterprise in Louisville
- Ideas are just the beginning of the process
Delene serves as Secretary on the Executive Board of The Morton Center, on the Board of First Hour Grief Response, and as the Co-Chair of the Charitable Beneficiaries Committee for the Unbridled Eve Annual Gala