Delene E. Taylor
Delene joined DMLO CPAs in 2013 as Marketing Director. She finds meaning and purpose in connecting people who are doing good things, facilitating important conversations and sharing resources, promoting the social enterprise movement in Kentucky, and working with early stage entrepreneurs, particularly in providing affordable solutions bundling the benefits of cloud-based accounting applications with the trusted services of a CPA-level business advisor.
Delene began her career in public accounting in Dallas, TX, then spent 7 years as a Controller/CFO for an Inc. 500 company. Upon her return to the Louisville area, she joined a local CPA firm, serving clients and then the firm in the roles of Firm Administrator, HR Director and Marketing/Business Development Director, for over 15 years. When that firm was merged into an aspiring national firm, she chose to pursue her passion with ‘Louisville original’ DMLO CPAs, where she relishes the opportunity to be hopelessly devoted to promoting CPAs and connecting amazing people!
Education and Certifications
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Kentucky Society of Public Accountants (KyCPA)
- Member, Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
- Past Chair, BKR International Marketing & Business Development Practice Group
- Member, Louisville Independent Business Alliance; serves on the Summit Planning Committee
- Member and Brand Ambassador, Leadership Louisville Center
- Member, Leadership Southern Indiana
- Member, Rotary Club of Louisville
- Member, NAWBO Kentucky
- Member, Venture Connectors
- Member, Sheltowee Business Network
- Board Member, Network of Entrepreneurial Women (NEW)
- Member, TechStars StartupWeek Louisville Planning Committee
- Member, 2020 LHCC International Aging Innovation Conference Impact Committee
- Co-facilitator, Breakfast of Champions
Delene was engaged to speak at:
- 2020 Chamber of St. Matthews Webinar Wednesday
- 2020 BizWomen Mentoring Monday
- 2020 Master Builders Academy Forum
- 2020 Bunker Labs Access Resources that Support YOU: Veteranpreneurs
- 2019 AWARE:ACCESS (Accelerating Women and Underrepresented Entrepreneurs: Accelerate Entrepreneurial Success) Commercialization & Entrepreneurship Summit
- 2019 Story Learning Lab
- 2019 KDE Accounting Educators Workshop at the Kentucky Society of CPAs
- 2018 BKR International Americas Region Annual Meeting (Dominican Republic)
- 2017 AICPA Engage national conference (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2017 BKR International Americas Region Annual Meeting (Louisville, KY)
- 2016 Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) national conference (New Orleans, LA)
- Thomson Reuters/Checkpoint Marketing for Firms: Conquering CPA Firm Marketing Challenges: Three Marketers Divulge Their Secrets to Success
Delene also speaks to high school and college students about careers in business.
Published in Business First:
Delene is a founding Board Member and Secretary of Canopy, a nonprofit startup with a vision of Making Kentucky First in Good Business.
Delene serves as Secretary on the Executive Board of The Morton Center.
Delene is a founding member of Coming Together Louisville.
Delene serves on the Unbridled Eve Charitable Beneficiaries Committee (Co-Chair) and Auction Committee.