Tax Manager (New Albany)
We are looking for candidates who are motivated to advance their career in public accounting and who have demonstrated an ability to lead others. Managers lead one or more staff members, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions.
As a Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and mentoring staff in work to be performed and providing holistic feedback to them about their job performance and career growth.
- Assuming full responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing multiple engagements.
- Preparing complicated tax returns and returns on dissolution or liquidation.
- Conducting detailed reviews on a variety of tax returns and raising potential tax issues.
- Demonstrating the ability to provide quality tax planning to clients.
- Researching complicated tax issues and providing accurate technical guidance.
- Building and nurturing an internal and external network and leveraging effective relationships to develop new business opportunities.
- Demonstrating expertise and competence in your specialties.
- Preparing routine correspondence to clients for approval and signature of a Director, and supervising preparation of management letters.
- Cooperating with, supporting and providing aid to other Managers and Directors.
- Conducting yourself so as to maintain and enhance an image of spirit, cooperation, competence, enthusiasm and sense of urgency.
- Performing the broadest range of accounting tasks so that direct participation of Directors is kept to a minimum.
- Preparing other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
Education, experience, and skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax, accounting tasks and knowledge.
- Maintains active CPA license.
- Experience with corporate taxation, individuals, and partnerships.
- Excellent management and supervision skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Proficiency in use of computers, including accounting and tax software programs.
DMLO CPAs is one of the top CPA firms in the Metro Louisville area – by size and by reputation – with 150 employees and offices in East Louisville, New Albany, and Corydon. We are a member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting, and service firms. For almost five decades, we have been helping clients achieve top performance in business and in wealth retention.
DMLO CPAs is known as a firm of choice for accounting professionals who want to balance career commitment with real life demands. DMLO is a pioneer in flexible work schedules, recognized in the top 20% of employers nationwide with the When Work Works award. A flexible workplace relies on a strong set of values, and trust. Our values are lived out in an exceptional staff who build strong interpersonal relationships and understand the importance of effective work/life integration.
MORE THAN THE NUMBERS is not just our tag line, but a set of values that we live out every day. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference on our team, AND will have fun and grow while doing it!