Senior Tax Accountant (Louisville)
We are looking for a senior tax accountant candidate who has demonstrated an ability to oversee and perform a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments. Senior Accountants are responsible for ensuring work is completed timely and often lead one or more staff, instruct them in work to be performed, review work completed, and direct necessary revisions.
As a Senior Tax Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of complex business tax returns.
- Completing tax planning for clients.
- Performing research on technical accounting and tax issues.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all client matters.
- Participating in external networking events and cultivating client relationships.
- Performing other accounting and tax duties as needed and assigned by supervisory personnel.
Education, experience, and skills we’re looking for include:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a public accounting firm (within the last 7 years) including preparation and/or review of corporation and partnership tax returns.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting.
- Holds a valid CPA license or is eligible and actively pursuing their certification. If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and tax.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Proficiency in use of computers, including accounting and tax software programs.
DMLO CPAs is one of the top CPA firms in the Metro Louisville area – by size and by reputation – with 150 employees and offices in East Louisville, New Albany, and Corydon. We are a member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting, and service firms. For almost five decades, we have been helping clients achieve top performance in business and in wealth retention.
DMLO CPAs is known as a firm of choice for accounting professionals who want to balance career commitment with real life demands. DMLO is a pioneer in flexible work schedules, recognized in the top 20% of employers nationwide with the When Work Works award. A flexible workplace relies on a strong set of values, and trust. Our values are lived out in an exceptional staff who build strong interpersonal relationships and understand the importance of effective work/life integration.
MORE THAN THE NUMBERS is not just our tag line, but a set of values that we live out every day. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference on our team, AND will have fun and grow while doing it!