Delene E. Taylor, CPA, CGMA
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why. —MARK TWAIN
Delene joined DMLO CPAs in 2013 as Marketing Director. She finds meaning and purpose in connecting people who are doing good things, facilitating important conversations and sharing resources, promoting the social enterprise movement in Kentucky, and working with early stage entrepreneurs, particularly in providing affordable solutions bundling the benefits of cloud-based accounting applications with the trusted services of a CPA-level business advisor.
Delene began her career in public accounting in Dallas, TX, then spent 7 years as a Controller/CFO for an Inc. 500 company. Upon her return to the Louisville area, she joined a local CPA firm, serving clients and then the firm in the roles of Firm Administrator, HR Director and Marketing/Business Development Director, for over 15 years. When that firm was merged into an aspiring national firm, she chose to pursue her passion with ‘Louisville original’ DMLO CPAs, where she relishes the opportunity to be hopelessly devoted to promoting CPAs and connecting amazing people!
Education and Certifications
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Member, American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Kentucky Society of Public Accountants (KyCPA)
- Member, Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM)
- Past Chair, BKR International Marketing & Business Development Practice Group
- Member, Louisville Independent Business Alliance; serves on the Summit Planning Committee
- Member and Brand Ambassador, Leadership Louisville Center
- Member, Leadership Southern Indiana
- Member, Venture Connectors
- Member, Sheltowee Business Network
- Member, TechStars StartupWeek Louisville Planning Committee
- Member, 2020 LHCC International Aging Innovation Conference Impact Committee
- Co-facilitator, Breakfast of Champions
Awards and Recognition
Delene was recognized by Leadership Louisville Center as the 2019 LLC Brand Ambassador of the Year.
Delene received the Kentucky PTA Honorary Life Recognition Award for her 4 years of service on the Executive Board of the duPont Manual High School PTSA.
Delene was engaged to speak at:
- 2019 AWARE:ACCESS (Accelerating Women and Underrepresented Entrepreneurs: Accelerate Entrepreneurial Success) Commercialization & Entrepreneurship Summit
- 2019 Story Learning Lab
- 2019 KDE Accounting Educators Workshop at the Kentucky Society of CPAs
- 2018 BKR International Americas Region Annual Meeting (Dominican Republic)
- 2017 AICPA Engage national conference (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2017 BKR International Americas Region Annual Meeting (Louisville, KY)
- 2016 Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) national conference (New Orleans, LA)
- Thomson Reuters/Checkpoint Marketing for Firms: Conquering CPA Firm Marketing Challenges: Three Marketers Divulge Their Secrets to Success
Delene also speaks to high school and college students about careers in business.
Published in Business First:
Delene is a founding Board Member and Secretary of Canopy, a nonprofit startup with a vision of Making Kentucky First in Good Business.
Delene serves as Secretary on the Executive Board of The Morton Center.
Delene is a founding member of Coming Together Louisville.
Lover of books, coffee, the ocean, adventure, family/friend time, and social impact.